For the 18+ age group cricket enthusiasts who dream of plying their trade in the iconic ‘maidans’ of Mumbai, and may be even forcing their way into the state/ national team, we have popped up the best cricket clubs you should join. So just play through them.
Let's Play: Cricket Clubs In Mumbai For All The Twenty-Something Ballers
Achievers Cricket Academy
1. Lead by Ashok Kadam and Subramaniam D, this cricket academy in Chembur is open for cricket coaching for all age groups. Students not only learn to play cricket here but also are educated with the basics of cricket to hone their skills. Established in the year 2014, Achievers Academy consists of renowned and qualified coaches who provide directions and opportunities to one and all.
Fees And Timings: They have weekday & weekend morning batches from 7-9 AM for 7.2k that’s inclusive of 5 months.
Mulund Gymkhana, Mulund
Established in 1983, they have a very excellent program to push youngsters at taking up at least one sport. Regarding cricket, they have renowned coaches, a huge play area, a fully equipped air conditioned gymnasium with steam/sauna bath and massage and jacuzzi facilities. Practice is done both on artificial turf and cement wickets. Video sessions national team players are a regular affair.
Fees And Timings: The club has a seven-month coaching program from October to May, spanning over Tuesday to Friday every week with two batches in the day. The most illustrious alumni of the club is Ajinkya Rahane who currently plays for the national team.
Chandrakant Pandit Cricket Clinic, Andheri
1. Located near the iconic Bhavans College, CPCC was founded on October 17, 1999, by Shri. Chandrakant Pandit, a disciple of the Guru of cricket – Shri. Ramakant Achrekar. It aims to nurture and guide children who are looking to explore cricket as a career option. The boys are not only trained about the fine nuances of the game but also instilled with a sense of toughness and never-say-die approach.
Fees And Timings: They have a morning session from 4.30 AM to 6.30 AM as well as an evening batch from 4.30 PM to 6.30 PM, which is ideal for the students to choose from. They charge an approx. of 21k, for a period of 12 months.
Shivaji Park Gymkhana, Dadar
The place is associated with the legendary coach of Sachin Tendulkar, Mr. Ramakant Achrekar and with almost every player who has gone on to represent the national team from Mumbai. Established in 1909, the legacy of the club churning out world class players is not unknown to many. Pravin Amre, former Indian test cricketer, who has been coach of the Mumbai Ranji team, the Delhi Daredevils team in IPL is the current president of the club.
Fees And Timings: Known as the ‘Nursery of Cricket in India’, it has produced 21 international players. 19,000 sq.yards of playing area, regular visits by former and current players and other facilities can cost you as low as INR 1,320 a month. The fees can vary and go up to INR 5,000 a month.
Vengsarkar Cricket Academy, Chembur
Dilip Balwant Vengsarkar is an Indian cricketer and
cricket administrator who has represented Bombay in the Ranji Trophy. It is one
of the oldest most reputed private cricket academies in the nation, located in Chembur.
With the likes of Ajith Agarkar to Yuvraj Singh have been a part of this
esteemed academy. VCA yearly coaches and trains over 150 young boys ranging
from 11 to 19 years, while they also organize domestic tournaments for the
students to display their skills.
Fees And Timings: It hosts an evening batch on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday from 4-6 PM.
Payyade Sports Club, Kandivali
1. This academy has an excellent ground with a state of the art infrastructure and facilities as well as highly qualified trainers for the same. Their goal is to ensure that all players enrolled in the Academy has ample opportunity to train and enhance their skillsets. The academy is led by two head coaches Mr. Raghuvir Singh Jhala & Suresh Shetty. Mr. Raghuvir Singh Jhala is Level B Qualified Coach & has also coached Services Ranji Trophy Team for nearly 15 years. Suresh Shetty represented Mumbai in Ranji Trophy from 1982 - 1984.
Fees And Timings: They have a morning as well as an evening batch from 7-9 AM & 4-6 PM respectively for 15k that’s inclusive of 7 months rigorous training.
Sanjeevani Cricket Academy
1. Sanjeevani Cricket Academy (SCA) was established in the year 2008 by Virendra Zagade with the sole aim of helping budding and talented cricketers to realize their true potential and guiding them to achieve their goals in cricket. They have the most number of qualified coaches in the academy and use unique training methods and coaching techniques to nurture these budding cricketers.
Fees And Timings: They have a morning and an evening batch between 7-9 AM and 3.30-5.30 PM respectively with fees of 17k inclusive of 8 months.
Pro World Talent Cricket Academy
1. Located in Andheri West, Nishit Shetty and Siddharth Hazare are young coaches with a great future ahead of them. The academy focusses on nurturing cricket talents to make them successful cricketers.
Fees and timings: They have batches between Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday from 7-8 PM for a fee of 4k per month.
Don Bosco Cricket Academy
If If you’re an amateur and just starting out in the world of cricket, this academy is highly recommended. Their batches include monthly performance assessment reports, monthly fitness assessment reports, bowling machine sessions, Don Bosco Premier League, sports science workshops.
Fees and timings: They have weekday as well as weekend batches with fees starting from 2k that’s inclusive of 1 month.
Rajan Dhotre Academy
1. Boys Cricket Club was started 35 years ago by Rajan Dhotre, and has 9 coaches under him. They operate from two locations, one is Dombivali Gymkhana and SV Joshi High School, Thane. They evaluate the players' performance on a yearly basis and organise an event to discuss future targets. They have a 4-month fitness sessions with Vishal Chitrakar and his team. He is a gold medalist in yoga and is an Australian Strength and Conditioning Level 2 coach. Some of his students have played for Mumbai in the age category U-16, U-19 U-23, and senior team.
Fees and timings: They have a morning as well as evening batch from 7 AM – 9.30 AM & 4 PM – 6 PM, respectively. With fees starting from 2k per month.
SP Group Cricket Academy
1. The Chief Coach of S.P Group Cricket Academy is Sangam Lad. The academy functional in Churchgate, Dadar & Thane. In this academy, he not only emphasizes on warm-up sessions but also ensures that the players are provided with the best possible equipment. Some of the other good features of his coaching system are group discussions & one to one interaction with the players which help them in gaining inputs from the masters of the game.
Fees and Timings: They have a morning as well as evening batch from 7 AM – 9 AM & 4 PM – 6 PM, respectively. With fees starting from 900 INR per month.