I was quite happy to enter the restaurant and see that they serve HAS juices. HAS juices are available quite easily across the country and are available to order on almost all for food delivery platforms and in a lot of food courts in Mumbai. The South Bombay cafe at the Orb
Serves HAS juices and shakes and these juices and shakes made for a great accompaniment to our south Indian food.
Here is a list of all the delicacies we tried at The South Bombay Cafe. We have arranged them in the Ascending order - TASTIEST ONES FIRST.
1. American Chop Suey Dosa - 219 INR (excluding taxes): This American Chopsey that you see in the accompanying picture was like the American Chopsey Dosa one eats at most places in the city but the aroma and the flavours were banged on! Hit the right spot! Capsicum, cabbage, and steamed noodles mixed with chilly bad tomato sauces in the right proportion. Not too dry, not too runny - the stuffing was just good to go with the dosa! #thywrecommends
2. Pizza Uttappa 181 - A great Fusion dish - the uttappas were of moderate thickness and was topped with extremely finely chopped capsicum, tomatoes, onions and a lot of cheese. A few pizza herbs were sprinkled in this Desi pizza and that made for the right pizza aroma along with the perfect taste. The Uttappa base was slightly crispy and tasted like a thin crust pizza base only. Great dish. Recommend it.
3. Manchurian idlis(141 INR): were quite impressively plated and had a killing aroma. I loved savouring on these fried idlis in a super spicy Manchurian gravy. The spring onion leaves and shreds of cabbage used in the gravy did add the much-needed crunch to the dish. The idlis were so fresh that on digging a fork into them, they would often crumble. Melt in the mouth kinda fluffy idlis hold a special place in my heart. Loved this dish!
4. Avocado Milkshake (181 INR): The Avacado Milkshake was quite impressive. We were looking for a virgin Avacado Milkshake but this one had honey and almonds added to the milk. But overall it was quite an appreciation worthy. Not at all expensive for 180 bucks. #greatbuy
5. Sitaphal Milkshake (181 INR) :
A lot of people like theirs Sitaphal Milkshakes thick and chunky, this one was very smooth but it was kinda tasty! The milkshake had an overpowering taste of Vanilla icecream which could have been replaced with Sitaphal ice cream to avoid the clash of flavours. The friction between vanilla and Sitaphal was a little uncomforting for a Sitaphal lover like me but one sip of the milkshake and it is evident that it is made with top-notch ingredients and that's what makes it a 4/5 💖
Overall we had a quite good experience at South Bombay Cafe.
📌 Rating for the food: Straight 5/5
📌Rating for the service: 5/5
Super Quick Dono le loon then?! We ordered 3 dishes, 2 shakes and ate at an average speed but left the place in an hour!)
📌 Rating for the ambience: 3.5/5
(Simple homely yet classic ambience with polished wooden table tops)
Finally - will we revisit this place? A big yes!