One major dish in the desi street food scene is Fried Rice, and oh, how we miss it! If your work-week was incomplete without a plate of this bandi style fried rice, we are telling you how to recreate it in your kitchen.
1. One large finely chopped onion
2. One cup of finely chopped carrot
3. One cup of finely chopped beans
4. 1 tbsp pepper powder
5. Two cups of Cooked Rice
6. 1 egg (can substitute it with paneer/tofu)
7. 1 cup of finely chopped spring onions
8. 3 tbsp of oil
9. Maggi tastemaker
1. Heat the pan on medium flame, add the oil and the onions and fry the onions till they become golden brown.
2. Add the carrots and the beans, and increase the flame a little. Stir them till they turn slightly toasted. This will add the crunch to your fried rice.
3. Now, reduce the flame and push the veggies to one corner of the pan. On the other side, crack the egg and scramble it to pieces. (At this point, you can add tofu/paneer and let it cook till it softens a bit).
4. After the egg (paneer/tofu) is almost cooked, bring back the veggies and mix everything together.
5. Now is the time you add rice, spring onions, pepper powder, and tastemaker to the pan, and toss it around so it spreads evenly.
6. Stir it for four-five minutes till everything mixes well, and it's ready to serve.
7. Garnish this with raw onions, lemon juice, and lemon wedges.
Bonus points if your kitchen smells like the street food stall you love. Do take a picture and tag us on Instagram before relishing it.