The information in this post might be outdated
Explore This Potters' Colony & Learn About The Artisans At This Tour
Gear up and make your Diwali even better. Wondering how? On 20th October, head to Uttam Nagar for a tour of potters' colony. This walk has been exclusively designed in order to appreciate the work that the potters do to make our homes beautiful. During this walk, you'll be meeting the potters, get to understand how diyas are made, know how the colony was set up, and there will also be a learning session with the organiser, Gaurav Sharma whose heritage walks have been featured on notable portals (like BBC, NDTV, and Scroll).
You could even make diyas of your own and you'll also have the option of buying them from the artisans there. So, take time out and don't miss this event!
How's The Venue
The walk will take place at Potters' Colony in Uttam Nagar. Parking will be available on a first come, firstserved basis. But, in any case, you would be able to park your vehicle at the Uttam Nagar metro station.
- The cost includes tea, a vegetarian meal at Haldiram's, water, and a pottery session.
- Make sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Please carry your own shopping bags, if you'd like to shop.
- Also, please reach 15 minutes prior, so that the walk starts on time.
- The meeting point is Uttam Nagar East metro station located on the blue line.