Our Content Lead, Shalvi is all about super easy (almost) one-pot recipes, and this one uses the most basic stuff from your kitchen. Rice, spinach and eggs!
Cooking Time: 20 mins; Prep Time: 15 minutes.
What You Need:
Rice: 1 cup; cooked
Spinach: 250gms; chopped
Onions- 2-3 medium-sized; sliced
Garlic: 8-10 cloves; chopped
Olive oil- 2tbsp
Salt & Pepper
Chilli Flakes & Oregano- thank you, Dominos
Butter- as per requirement
1. Wash the rice thoroughly and cook it (steamed rice is better than pressure cooked rice, FYI). If you have leftover rice, you're sorted.
2. Put oil in a wok, add the chopped garlic and then switch on the gas stove. Keep it on low (this helps infuse the flavour of garlic in the oil). Once the garlic starts changing colour, add the sliced onion.
3. When translucent, add the spinach and let it cook a bit.
4. The and add a little salt & lots of pepper (remember, there's some cheese to be added towards the end and that's salty too). Sprinkle some chilli flakes and a little oregano.
5. When slightly cooked, add the rice. Make sure you mix it well.
6. Add in a little fresh cream to this along with grated cheese and mix it all further (don't add too much).
7. Once you have a sticky mix, move it all into a glass bowl (which you've laced with a little butter on the base & all sides).
8. Make two depressions on either side and break open an egg in each (try to keep the yolk intact).
`9. Sprinkle it with a little salt & pepper, and put it in the microwave. Let it cook for 3 minutes.
10. If the egg is properly cooked, then take it out. Else cook for an additional 3 minutes (I don't like a very runny yolk in this dish).