Niharika Chevur who usually eats her Mum’s brilliant cooking has decided to experiment with an easy to make potato fry and can be eaten with rice, roti, dosa or basically anything!
Cooking Time: 30 mins max
What You Need:
2 to 3 big potatoes
2 tbs cooking oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chilly powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 chat masala
8-10 curry leaves (Kadi patta)
1. Wash, peel and chop the potato into small cubes
2. Heat oil in a pan (preferably non-stick, that way you can use less oil)
3. Add potatoes to the pan and let it cook for a minute with the lid on
4. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder and salt to taste
5. Mix nicely and let it cook for around 12-15 minutes
6. Add curry leaves and mix again
(If you prefer curry leaves to be crispy, then they can separately be fried in another pan and then added)
7. Let It cook until potatoes are soft
8. Sprinkle chat masala over the potato and let it cook for over 2 minutes.
Done done done.