Did you know one of Stanley Tucci's favourite pasta dishes is Spaghetti Alla Nerano? Well, here's how you can make it at home and plate it in a fancy bowl that you can buy on LBB. Oh yes, we're cool that way. In the video above, the bowl used in from this Delhi-based potter, A Clay Story. Check out the brand here.
Here's the recipe that's based on Stanley Tucci's show Searching For Italy:
- Zucchini (one whole zucchini sliced thin)
- Spaghetti (for one person)
- Provolone cheese/Parmesan
- Olive oil (50 ml)
- Butter (I used salted)
- Pasta water
- Basil leaves
- In the show, the zucchini slices are fried in sunflower oil but I fried mine in olive oil. Fry them till they are brown and then keep them aside preferably on a paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- In a pan heat some olive oil and toss in the fried zucchini and toss it around for a bit before adding the cooked spaghetti.
- Toss it around before adding grated provolone or parmesan ( I think I added around 30g) and some of that pasta water. Keep tossing so that it doesn’t stick on the bottom of the pan.
- When you get that nice cheesy aroma, add in some butter, another 30g of the cheese and some pasta water. Toss it well.
- You need to serve it hot to get that creaminess intact. Top it off with some freshly ground pepper, torn basil leaves, and some provolone cheese. Enjoy it hot.